École de langues at UQAM offers programs and courses in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Quebec Sign Language (langue des signes québécoise or LSQ), Spanish and Russian. Cultural dimensions of these languages are also taught. Programs, concentrations, and individual or elective courses are offered. Our programs can be integrated into a bachelor of arts. It is important to note that programs and courses offered in languages other than English and French are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
Why Choose École de langues?
- High quality education based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- French and English programs accredited by Languages Canada
- A large selection of courses and programs adapted to your needs
- A personalized course sequence based on your language proficiency
- Part-time and full-time study
- Admission to a program or the possibility to take individual classes
- The possibility to add a concentration or languages courses to your program of studies (if the structure of the latter allows for it)
- Access to computer labs
- Use of new technologies in classes and in labs
- Improvement of reading, writing, listening, and speaking proficiency
- Courses that cover linguistic and cultural skills for professional or academic purposes
- Thematic courses: arts, cinema, history, politics, etc.
- Cultural activities: lectures, theatre, cinema, nature outings and city tours, etc.
- Personalized support: individual assistance, conversation workshops, information sessions for new students, support for study abroad, adaptation of courses for universal access, etc.
- Online classes
- Academic help onsite and online
- International opportunities, including summer schools
- Enriching pedagogical and extracurricular activities
As a student of École de langues, you also have access to student services offered by UQAM (information in French).
Why Learn a New Language?
- Widen your horizons
- Discover new cultures
- Broaden your professional opportunities
- Travel off the beaten track
- Have fun
- Travel abroad
- Improve cognitive abilities
- Promote openness to others
- Enrich your social life
- Communicate better
- Promote integration and accessibility