Who Is This For?
Our Arabic programs and courses are for students for whom Arabic is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Arabic language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Arabic in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Arabic;
- Prepare for an internship or work in Arabic;
- Learn more about Arabic cultures;
- Prepare for a trip in an Arabic-speaking country or region;
- Write from right to left!
Programs offered in Arabic:
- Certificate in Arabic Language and Culture (information in French) (30 credits)
- Micro-Program and Concentration in Arabic Language and Culture (information in French) (15 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (study two modern languages, one of which is Arabic) (60 credits)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Arabic can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available.
Students who have never taken an Arabic course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Arabic before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Arabic courses at UQAM) at the Centre d’évaluation de compétences linguistiques (information in French).
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.