Who Is This For?
Our Chinese and Japanese programs and courses are for students for whom Chinese or Japanese are second or foreign languages.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Chinese and Japanese languages and cultures are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Chinese and Japanese in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Chinese or Japanese;
- Prepare for an internship or work in Chinese or Japanese;
- Learn more about Chinese and Japanese cultures;
- Prepare for a trip to China or Japan.
Programs offered in Chinese and Japanese languages and cultures:
- Certificate in Languages and Cultures from Asia (information in French) (Chinese and Japanese) (30 credits)
- Micro-Program and Concentration in Chinese Language and Culture (information in French) (15 credits)
- Micro-Program and Concentration in Japanese (information in French) (15 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (information in French) (study two modern languages) (60 credits)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Chinese or Japanese can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available under the Programs and courses menu item.
Students who have never taken a Chinese course or a Japanese course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Chinese or Japanese before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Chinese or Japanese courses at UQAM).
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.