Who Is This For?
Our Chinese programs and courses are for students for whom Chinese is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Chinese language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Chinese in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Chinese;
- Prepare for an internship or work in Chinese;
- Learn more about Chinese culture;
- Prepare for a trip to a Chinese-speaking country or region;
- To impress your relatives at the next family party!
Programs offered in Chinese:
- Micro-Program and concentration in Chinese Language and Culture (information in French) (15 credits)
- Certificate in Languages and Cultures from Asia (information in French) (Chinese and Japanese) (30 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (study two modern languages, one of which is Chinese) (60 credits)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Chinese can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is available under the Programs and courses menu item.
Students who have never taken a Chinese course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Chinese before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Chinese courses at UQAM).
- News about Chinese programs and courses (in French)
- Facebook page for Chinese programs and courses
- Public Speaking Competition in Chinese
- French and Chinese Linguistic exchanges
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.