Who Is This For?
Our French and English programs and courses are for students for whom English and French are second or foreign languages: immigrants, allophones, or international students.
- Perfect your French and your English in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Improve speaking, prononciation, reading, and writing in French and in English in a professional or university setting;
- Improve job prospects;
- Prepare for examinations for professional orders;
- Prepare for university studies in French or in English;
- Learn more about Montreal and Quebec francophone and anglophone cultures;
- Obtain a university diploma that testifies your studies in French and in English;
- Because you are the one for me, for me, formidable!
Programs offered in French and in English as second languages:
- Certificate in French and English: the Montreal Experience (information in French) (30 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (study two modern languages including both English and French) (60 credits)
It is important to note that programs and courses offered in languages other than English and French are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
Students who wish to enrol in one or more elective courses will be able to do so during their registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available.
Those interested in French and in English as second language programs or courses at the École de langues must take a placement test in order to determine their level in English Students who have already taken French or English courses at UQAM do not have to take this test.
Consult the page on international activities for information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.