Who is this for?
Our Japanese programs and courses are for students for whom Japanese is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Japanese language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Japanse in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Japanese;
- Prepare for an internship or work in Japanese;
- Learn more about Japanese culture;
- Prepare for a trip to Japan;
- Write from top to bottom!
Programs offered in Japanese:
- Micro-Program and Concentration in Japanese (information in French) (15 credits)
- Certificate in Languages and Cultures from Asia (information in French) (study Chinese and Japanese) (30 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (study two modern languages, one of which is Japanese) (60 credits)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Chinese can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available under the Programs and Courses menu item.
Students who have taken a Japanese course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Japanese before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Japanese courses at UQAM).
- News about Japanese programs and courses (information in French)
- Public Speaking Competition in Japanese
- Linguistic exchanges with Japanese students from UQAM
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.