Who Is This For?
Our Portuguese courses are for students for whom Portuguese is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that courses in Portuguese language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Portuguese in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Portuguese;
- Prepare for an internship or work in Portuguese;
- Learn more about Portuguese cultures;
- Prepare for a trip in a Portuguese-speaking country or region.
Five courses are offered in Portuguese language and culture, from beginner’s to advanced level.
- Introduction to the Language and Culture of Brazil (information in French)
- PTG1000 – Portuguese I (A1) (information in French)
- PTG2000 – Portuguese II (A2) (information in French)
- PTG3000 – Portuguese III (B1) (information in French)
- Portuguese III: Current Topics of Interest in Portuguese-Speaking Countries (information in French)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Portuguese can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available under the Programs and Courses menu item.
Students who have never taken a Portuguese course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Portuguese before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Portuguese courses at UQAM).
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.