Who Is This For?
Our Quebec Sign Language (langue des signes québécoise or LSQ) courses are for students for whom LSQ is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in LSQ are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your LSQ in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Better understand deaf culture;
- Contribute to universal accessibility;
- Song signing (eat your heart out Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard)!
Four courses are offered in LSQ, from beginner’s to advanced level:
- Quebec Sign Language I (information in French) (Beginner’s 1)
- Quebec Sign Language II (information in French) (Beginner’s 2)
- Quebec Sign Language III (information in French) (Intermediate 1)
- Quebec Sign Language – Communication (information in French) (advanced)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in LSQ can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available under the Programs and courses menu item.
Students who have never taken a coure in Quebec Sign Language (LSQ( can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied LSQ before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken LSQ courses at UQAM).
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.