Who Is This For?
Our Russian courses are for students for whom Russian is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Russian language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Russian in optimal conditions with the necessary support
- Prepare for studies in Russian
- Prepare for an internship or work in Russian
- Learn more about Russian cultures
- Prepare for a trip in a Russian-speaking country or region
Three courses are offered in Russian language and culture, from beginner’s to intermediate level:
- Russian I (information in French)
- Oral Communication in Russian I (information in French)
- Reading Documents in Russian I (information in French)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Russian can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is also available under the Programs and Courses menu item.
Students who have no prior knowledge of Russian can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have previous knowledge of Russian have to take the placement test (except students who have previously taken Russian courses at UQAM).
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.