Who Is This For?
Our Spanish programs and courses are for students for whom Spanish is a second or foreign language.
It is important to note that programs and courses in Spanish language and culture are intended for French-speaking students and are not suited for students who do not master French.
- Learn or perfect your Spanish in optimal conditions with the necessary support;
- Prepare for studies in Spanish;
- Prepare for an internship or work in a Spanish-speaking country;
- Learn more about Spanish cultures;
- Prepare for a trip in a Spanish-speaking country or region;
- It’s the most spoken language in the Americas!
Programs offered in Spanish:
- Certificate in Spanish (information in French) (30 credits)
- Micro-Program and Concentration in Spanish (information in French) (15 credits)
- Major in Modern Languages and Cultures (study two modern languages, one of which is Spanish) (60 credits)
Students who wish to enrol in individual or elective courses in Spanish can make their selection during the registration period. A list of courses available to all students is available online (information in French). The list of courses offered at École de langues (information in French) is available under the Programs and courses menu item.
Students who have taken a Spanish course can enrol directly in a beginner’s course without taking a placement test.
Those who have studied Spanish before have to take the placement test (except for students who have previously taken Spanish courses at UQAM).
- News about Spanish programs and courses (information in French)
- Spanish Facebook page
- European reading circle
- Hispanic Week (information in French)
Consult the page on international activities for general information on student exchanges, internships, summer schools, etc.