Because of public health concerns, UQAM has canceled all summer schools.
Study English and French in the Heart of Montreal!
Just like its vibrant city, UQAM is a dynamic, open, creative university with an international outreach. Located in the heart of Montreal, UQAM welcomes students from a wide variety of linguistic and cultural communities.
Recognized for the high quality of their programs, UQAM’s École de langues (School of Modern Languages) and Formations linguistiques non créditées (Non-Credit Language Courses) are offering an immersive language experience.
This summer programme is not just about language – it’s about the city, its people, and its culture.
- You will take three types of language classes:
- English in the City: focuses on situational language – language to use in Montreal whether it be with your host family, locals, or new friends
- Discover Canadian Culture: addresses academic topics such as Canadian education, society, people, food, and nature all while perfecting your English
- French in the City: introduces basic French vocabulary and expressions for simple conversations during your stay
- In three weeks, you will use two languages in their authentic setting.
- Language professors, UQAM student volunteers, and a programme coordinator will make your stay stimulating, fun, and stress-free.